Thursday 1 October 2015

A Moment to Notice

It happened once, an ordinary day going home after work. The streets were busy and I was there, in a jeep in the middle. In the edge of the jeepney where I sitted, opposite accross me face-to-face was an innocent-looking girl about my age. She was wearing her working uniform and she was also on the way home. I looked at her, knowing we were taking turns on sleeping and waking up for a couple of minutes. She has a very beautiful smile. The questions of she having a suitor or boyfriend only appeared to me in a split second, 'cause I knew, we are only strangers. But once in that moment, I had imagined, what if she noticed me the way I noticed her? Would I have enough courage to talk to her? Would it have been a chance to know her? Was it fate, or a missed opportunity? Was it right, or a big mistake? Thoughts like these went up to my consciousness. But all I knew was, she was one of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I don't know if I will ever see her again. But I'm always hoping, maybe one day, in that same jeepney, on that same rush hour, I will see her again, sitted accross me, quietly just taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment